ONE OF THE FIRST THINGS YOU SHOULD DO WHEN YOU TAKE YOUR PUPPY HOME
House training your puppy should be one of your top priorities after bringing them home. There are a few things you can do right off the bat to set your puppy up for success:
1. First, set realistic expectations. As much as we’d like our puppies to have zero accidents from day one, the truth is it may take up to six months to fully potty train your furever puppy. That’s perfectly okay!
2. Next, be sure to keep a close eye on your puppy at all times. Crate training is a great way to keep your pup in one place for easier supervision — plus, it teaches them bladder control. We started crate training your puppy already. Make sure we discuss it before you leave with your puppy so you can be successful.
3. You should also teach your puppy manners during their first few months at home. Be consistent and set expectations early, because what your puppy learns first they will learn best.
4. Start establishing house rules. For example, is your puppy allowed on the sofa? Because if you allow your puppy on the sofa, your dog will always feel welcome on the sofa.
5. Working with a professional dog trainer from the start will give you the tools to be your puppy’s best teacher
6. We will always be here for you and your puppy. Feel free to contact with any questions or concerns.